WHAT IS ARTHRITIS?
Arthritis is commonly known as inflammation but it is not a single disease. It refers to numerous joint pains or joint diseases. People of all age and sex can suffer from arthritis. A delay in the treatment can lead to lifelong disability. Some of the symptoms common in arthritis are a pain, swelling, stiffness and the reduction the motion range. These symptoms initially are very mild but can take severe form during the course of years. Chronic pain, inability to climb stairs and difficulty in walking are the disorders people can get who suffers from arthritis. Not only the joints, arthritis can sometimes affect the heart, lungs, kidneys and the skin of the patient. When an only single joint is affected it is called monoarthritis. If two or three joints are involved it is referred as oligoarthritis. With more than four or more joints involved it is known as polyarthritis. Treatment of arthritis can improve the life quality, minimize the pain and control the joint damage. Various reasons leading to arthritis are infections, immune system dysfunction, injury or genetic makeup. Abdominal metabolism is also one of the causes. Arthritis is mainly common in people above 65 years of age.
If arthritis is not treated on time it may turn into chronic disease. Some of the common symptoms of arthritis are
- Pain: Patient may feel a pain that may come and go. It is sometimes felt in a particular area or in many parts of the body.
- Swelling: Some arthritis causes the bone and skin to become red and get swollen up.
- Difficulty in mobility: getting up from a chair, climbing stairs or walking may cause problems and it indicated the patient is having arthritis or some joint problems.
- Stiffness: Sitting for a long time or getting up in the morning may cause stiffness and problem in getting up. This is the indication of arthritis. Even sitting in a car for a long time may cause a problem.
- Fever: Unexpected and high fevers are also the signs of arthritis.
- Changes in habits: Sometimes sleep disturbances, fatigue, headache, and psychological stress are also the signs of arthritis.
- Shape change in joints: Toe finger, elbow movement and hand movements changes when arthritis is detected.
- Sometimes eyes, throat, mouth, and nose becomes dry and this indicates the person is suffering from arthritis.
Some of the tests that are performed to diagnose arthritis are
- Complete blood count
- C-reactive protein
- Joint X-ray
- Bone scan
- HLA antigens for HLA B27
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Synovial fluid analysis
- Joint ultrasound or MRI
- Rheumatoid factor
- Uric acid- urine
- Uric acid- blood
- Tear test
- A physical examination can detect:
- Joint movement causing crackling sound known as Crepitation
- Limited mobility
- Pain during normal movement
- Tenderness felt when joints are moved
- Swelling of joints that is bone seems to be larger than usual.
- Diagnosis of some kinds of arthritis is difficult and cannot be detected accurately. Sometimes they are detected as normal joint problems.
There are various processes that can cure arthritis
- Weight loss
- Surgery including joint replacement and joint surgery
- Splint or joint assistive aids
- Medication: Analgesics, non-steroidal and inflammatory drugs, counterirritants, biologics, corticosteroids, and disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are given for the medication. These medications can improve the conditions.
- Diet: Various kinds of food that can help people improve the condition can help.Mediterranean diet can help which includes: fish, nuts and seeds, olive oils, fruits and vegetables, and whole grains. Vegetables can improve arthritis.
- Self-management: Self-management may include various factors that can improve arthritis.Physically active and exercises, maintaining and achieving a healthy weight, protecting joints from unnecessary stress, and developing arthritis management strategies can help avoiding arthritis.
- Physical therapies: Warm water therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapies can help the patients make par with arthritis. Warm water exercises and hot water packs can help in relieving the joints.
- Physical activities: Walking, swimming and riding a bike can help reduce the potential risks of arthritis. The joints that are affected need to be physically active and thus these physical activities are very necessary.Organizing, staying active, improving sleep, joint care and balanced diet can also help in improving the aftereffects of arthritis.
Treatment in Mumbai/ Thane
In Mumbai and Thane, the treatments are easily available and the doctors are highly talented and experienced. Arthritis needs to be treated as soon as possible because the delay can lead to chronic disease. Also, the doctors need to be very talented so that they can diagnose the proper form and arthritis and can suggest a proper treatment. Mumbai and Thane have the better prospects of getting a total treatment so that it can be cured properly. Hence if in India Mumbai is the best place to get your arthritis cured.