Dr. Suryaprakash Bhandari
Select Hospital & Department to Book Appointment
SpecialityBowel Disease / Colonoscopy / Gastroenterologist / Gerd / Heartburn / Stomach Cancer / Ulcer / Upper Endoscopy / GI Onco Surgery
Thane – Specialty Hospital (Kapurbawdi) Thane – Women’s Hospital (Ghodbunder Road)
Dr. Suryaprakash Bhandari
Consultant - Gastroenterologist
MBBS, MS - General Surgery
Years Of Experience
About Dr. Suryaprakash Bhandari
Dr. Suryaprakash Bhandari has done his Masters in General Surgery (MS) from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital, Mumbai in 2002. He was awarded gold medal by the College of Physicians and Surgeons (FCPS) of Mumbai for his best academic performance in General Surgery in 2002. He has also cleared his DNB General Surgery examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. Later he did his fellowship in Gastroenterology and Advanced Therapeutic GI Endoscopy and Endosonography (EUS) from Soon Chun Hyang University Hospital, Seoul, South Korea.
He is at present chief of “Gastrocare”- Centre of Excellence for Advanced Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Endoscopic Surgery located at Mulund West, Mumbai. It is an dedicated 3000 sq. feet of space for all types of day care endoscopic procedures located in the heart of Mulund and the center is easily approachable from Mulund West station.
He is also attached as a visiting interventional gastroenterologist to Fortis hospital, Mulund, Fortis hospital, Vashi, MGM hospital, Vashi, Apollo hospital, Kharghar and Wockhardt hospital at Mira road. He has experience of more than 15 years in the field diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy including ERCP and Endosonography for treating various complex HPB disorders.
His special interests revolve around endoscopic management of GERD, Barrett’s esophagus, ERCP with lasers for managing large bile duct stones, acute pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis, obesity, endoscopic palliation of GI cancers and endoluminal surgery including EMR, ESD, POEM and STER procedure. He also has large experience of therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy in paediatric population especially difficult colonoscopies and ERCP’s.
Dr. Bhandari has number of original publications in national and international journals of repute on managing difficult bile duct stones, pancreatic stones, interventional endosonography and role of endosonography in abdominal lymphadenopathy of unknown cause.
He has authored chapters in text books on pre-cut sphincterotomy and chronic pancreatitis. His is actively involved in research protocols and his upcoming projects are in various fields related to development of newer instruments and accessories for endoluminal surgery, newer stents for treating benign esophageal and biliary disorders and creating permanent GI fistulas similarly to surgical bypass."
Awards and recognitions
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy: the cornerstone of pancreatic endotherapy. Bhandari S, Maydeo A. Gastrointest Endosc. 2016 Jul; 84(1):79-80.
- Life-threatening upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to gastric Dieulafoy's lesion: Successful minimally-invasive management. Bondade N, Bhandari S, Rao P, Shah R, Bothara V, Maydeo A. J Minim Access Surg. 2016 Oct-Dec;12(4):385-7.
- Percutaneous endoscopic management of intrahepatic stones in patients with altered biliary anatomy: A case series. Bhandari S, Bathini R, Sharma A, Maydeo A. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2016 Mar; 35(2):143-6.
- Endoscopic management of internally migrated pancreatic duct stents (with video). Bhandari S, Sharma A, Bathini R, Maydeo A.Indian J Gastroenterol. 2016 Mar; 35(2):91-100.
- Usefulness of single-operator cholangioscopy-guided laser lithotripsy in patients with Mirizzi syndrome and cystic duct stones: experience at a tertiary care center.Bhandari S, Bathini R, Sharma A, Maydeo A.Gastrointest Endosc. 2016 Jul; 84(1):56-61.
- Electroincision of a corrosive lead battery-induced tight post cricoid stricture: a valuable alternative to dilation.Bhandari S, Maydeo A. Gastrointest Endosc. 2016 Jun; 83(6):1277.
- Single-operator cholangioscopy-guided holmium laser lithotripsy: the new-age ""rescue"" lithotripsy.Bhandari S, Sanghvi K, Sharma A, Bondade N, Maydeo A.Gastrointest Endosc. 2016 May; 83(5):1035-6.