Dr. Sachin Wani
Consultant Gastroenterologist & GI Surgeon
Dr. Sachin Wani, a highly experienced surgical gastroenterologist in Thane, Mumbai. He specialises in complex liver pancreatic, intestinal & GI cancer surgeries. He is sure to help you overcome your digestive and gastrointestinal problem.
Dr Sachin Wani has been born and brought up in Thane. He did his primary schooling in St John High School Thane, Secondary education in V N Bandodkar College Thane. He finished his MBBS from Rajiv Gandhi Medical college in 2000, M.S. Surgery from GMC, Miraj in 2006 and Diplomat in National Board(DNB) G.I and HPB surgery(Superspeciality) in 2010 in Fortis Mulund hospital under the able guidance of Prof S K Mathur.
He has underwent training in Laparoscopic GI Oncosurgery at Tata Memorial Hospital in 2009. He has also done his training in Laparoscopic Hepato-Biliary surgery and Laparascopic liver resections at NHS hospital, Southampton UK in 2012.
He is currently working as a Consultant G.I., HPB Specialist and Laparoscopic G.I.Oncosurgeon at Currae Speciality Hospital, Thane.
He specializes in Laparoscopic G.I. and HPB surgery, Shunt Surgery for Portal Hypertension, Laparoscopic G.I. Oncosurgery and Colorectal surgery, Laparoscopic Liver Resection and Liver Transplantation
He has lot of national and international papers and publications to his credit including an international publication in Journal of Laparoendoscopy and advanced surgical techniques on one of the largest number of Laparosopic pancreatic necrosectomy in the world.
He also has authored a text chapter on Obstructed Defaecation syndrome in Clinical G.I.Surgery text book edited by Dr Sanjiv Haribhakti,Ahmedabad which serves as a learning tool for General and GI Surgeons across India and world.
He was Awarded 2nd Prize at Thane surgical Society for presenting " Stapled Trans anal Rectal resection (STARR) in Obstructed Defaecation Syndrome (ODS)" in June 2010.
He was Awarded Certificate of participation as Faculty in S2S Hernia Revisited -workshop, Boston University school of Medicine.
He has attended Advanced Trauma Life support (ATLS) course in June 2007 and has experience in managing Surgical ICU.
Area of interest
- Complex Gastro intestinal, Hepato-Billary - and Anorectal Surgery
- Advance Laparoscopic Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Liver Transplantation - 8 cases (LDLTAND DDLT), SICU care and postop lmmunosuppresion
- Laparoscopic HPB Surgery, Lap Liver Resection and Liver Transplant.
Dr. Sachin has an experience of more than 10 years.
Awards and Recognitions
Awarded 2nd prize at Thane surgical society for presenting "stapled Trans anal Rectal resection in Obstructed Defecation Syndrome.
Papers And Publications
- Sachin V. Wani, MS, Roy V. Patankar, MS, FRCS, PhD, S.K. Mathur, MS, FACS. Minimally Invasive approach to pancreatic necrosectomy. Journal of Laparoendoscopic and advanced surgical techniques. 2011; 21(2):131-6.
- Jimmy J, Wani SV, Shetty VV, Patankar RV. Laparoscopic management of small bowel obstruction caused by a Sigmoid Mesocolic hernia. J Min Access Surg 2011; 7:236-8.
- Sachin Wani, Vineet Wakde, Rakesh Patel, Roy Patankar, S K Mathur. Laparoscopic release of median arcuate ligament. J Min Access Surg 2012; 1.
- Awarded 2nd Prize at Thane surgical Society for presenting " Stapled Trans anal Rectal resection (STARR) in Obstructed Defaecation Syndrome (ODS)" - June 2010
- Laparoscopic Redo Cholecystectomy. IHPBA India November 2011. Poster Presentation.
- Minimally invasive approach in Management of Infected Pancreatic Necrosis. IHPBA, Bangalore, February 2009- Poster presentation.
- Laparoscopic transperitoneal drainage and second look laparoscopy in infected pancreatic necrosis- Video presentation, IASG conference 2009.
- Awarded 2nd prize at Thane surgical Society for presenting ‘Stapled Trans Anal Rectal Resection (STARR) in Obstructed Defaecation Syndrome (ODS)’- June 2010.
- Roy Patankar, Sachin wani, Dimple Thakkar. Mesh repair of Large Hiatu heria- Asia Pacific Hernia Society- October 2010.
- Roy patankar, Dimple Thakkar, Sachin wani. Paraesophageal Hernia with Gastric volvulus: lessons learnt. Asia Pacific Hernia Society- October 2010.
- Roy Patankar, Sachin Wani, Dimple Thakkar. Mesocolic Internal hernia: A Rarity Asia Pacific Hernia Society- October 2010.
- Laparoscopic Redo Cholecystectomy. IHPBA November 2011. Poster Presentation.
Results of conservative Approach, open Surgery and minimally invasive techniques in management of Pancreatic Necrosis.
Conference And Courses
- Advanced Trauma Life support (ATLS) course in June 2007.
- Contribution in "Liver Transplant Update" in July 2007.
- Contribution to workshop in Metasurg 2008 - Feb 2008.
- Participation in IASG Surgical gastroenterology week at SGPGI, March 2008.
- Participation in Advancements in Hernia repair - Ethicon, April 2008.
- Participation in Laparoscopic solid organ surgery At Ethicon, Sept 2008.
- Participation in Laparoscopic Knotting and suturing Course at Ethicon, Sept 2008
- Participation in workshop of Advanced Laparoscopic surgery, Joy hosp, Nov 2008.
- Participation in Workshop of Asia Oceania Obesity conference, February 2009.
- Participation in AMASICON 2009, May 2009, Mumbai.
- Participation in Criticon 2009, June 2009, Jaslok hospital, Mumbai.
- Poster Presentation, IHPBA India 2011.
|10AM - 1PM|