Dr. Anil Magdum
Laproscopic Surgeon, Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
- Cochin Obstetrics and Gynecology Society, Cochin
- Thane Association of Gynecologists, Thane, Mumbai (life member)
- Mumbai Obstetrics and Gynecology Society (applied)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) (membership no. 42260)
- Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India (AGOI) (life member)
Area of interest
- Performed more than 6500 laparoscopic proceudres (operative and diagnostic) which include more than 1600 total laparoscopic hysterectomies.
- Skilled in performing tlh, myomectomies,laparoscopic abdominal encirclage, laparoscopic conservative sling surgery for prolapse uterus, laparoscopic interna iliac, artery ligation, laparoscopic radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy,laparoscopic reversal of tubal sterilization surgeries, diagnostic and operative hysteroscopic procedures.
- Trained more than 500 gynaecologists and surgeons for hands on laparoscopy and hysteroscopy courses.
- Experience as teaching faculty for undergraduate and postgraduate students at various medical colleges.
An experienced laparoscopic surgeon, gynaecologist and obstetrician with 17 years of experience.
Awards and Recognitions
- Part of team of gynecologists at the teal to heal together them , India’s largest cervical cancer awareness campaign- a Guinness world records tm, record achievement on December 23, 2012 for largest number of pap smears (751). Done within 8 hours.
- Was part of the team in managing acute post partum inversion of uterus with laparoscopy (2nd only case in world literature- unpublished data).
- Was part of team who performed 1st successful documented procedure of amino patch for preterm pre-labor rupture of membranes at 18 weeks of gestation in Kerala state, India.
Papers And Publications
Presented papers and posters at various National and International conferences.
- Co author: primary squamous cell cancer in ovary
- Presenting author: complications with myoma screw when used as sole uterine manipulator in total laparoscopic hysterectomy.
- Presenting author: combined use of vasopressin and uterine artery ligation during myomectomy for large uteri in resource poor set up.
Last two papers were presented at Barcelona, Spain in annual conference of American association of gynaecologic laparoscopists , June 2014.
Last two papers were published as abstract in journal of minimally invasive gynaecology, an official journal of American Association of Gynaecological Laparoscopists.
Conference And Courses
Invited faculty for laparoscopy live surgery workshops at various National and International conferences.
|8PM - 9PM|