Dr. Mukund Jagannathan
Consultant Cosmetic Surgeons
Dr. Mukund Jagannathan is one of the senior most and eminent cosmetic surgeons of India. He has a more than 25 years extensive experience in cosmetic surgery,
Dr. Mukund Jagannathan is one of the senior most, eminent & renowned cosmetic surgeons of India. He has a very wide and extensive experience in cosmetic surgery, more than 25 years. He is a highly academically oriented surgeon & is one of the youngest Professors and Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery at a major University hospital in Mumbai. His special areas of interest and expertise are Aesthetic surgery, Craniofacial & Cleft surgery. He has trained several Plastic Surgeons in India and has also delivered lectures to trainees on his visits abroad. He serves on the Editorial board of the Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, and has also reviewed articles for International journals. He has around 35 International publications to his credit.
• International member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
• Life member, Association of Plastic surgeons of India
• Life member, Indian Society of cleft lip, palate & craniofacial anomalies
• Life member, Association of Medical consultants, Mumbai
Area of interest
Plastic & Aesthetic surgery
Plastic Surgery: More than 25 years.
Awards and Recognitions
• Awarded the Ethicon visiting professor of Plastic surgery for the year 2011, by the association in recognition of contribution to academics & teaching.
• Invited speaker for Conferences in Bahrain- 2006 & Muscat- 2007, several presentations & educational lectures delivered over last decade.
• Received the Hargobind scholarship for a three months visiting fellowship in 2000 for the Institute for Craniofacial and Reconstructive surgery at Providence Hospital, Southfield, Michigan, under the able guidance of Dr. Ian Jackson
Papers And Publications
More than 35 publications in indexed national and international journals.Editorial board member and reviewer for the Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery; articlereviewer for other international journals.
Invited speaker for conferences in Bahrain (2006) and Muscat (2007); severalpresentations and educational lectures given over last decade.
Involved in academics and training of Plastic Surgeons for the last 20 years. Awarded theEthicon Visiting Professor of Plastic Surgery for year 2011, by the Association inrecognition of contribution to academics and teaching.
Conference And Courses
• Craniofacial & Aesthetic surgery -Providence Hospital, Southfield, Michigan
• Aesthetic Surgery training- Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat hospital
• Aesthetic Surgery training- Newport Beach Medical centre, California, USA
• Specialized training for Body lifts in Massive Weight Loss patients after Weight loss surgery, California, USA
• Specialized Training in Rhinoplasty under Dr. Rollin Daniel, Newport Beach, USA
• Advanced training FUT, FUE hair transplant surgery, USA
• Specialized Training in Breast surgery - Georgetown hospital, Washington DC, USA
• Meetings of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2007- New York, 2008- San Diego