Dr. Priya Ganesh Kumar
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Colposcopist, Laproscopist
- Member of esteemed Governing Council of IPDP Project of TMC funded by UNFPA.
- One of the core members of the UNFPAI Team, headed by Miss. World Lara —Ambassador of UNFPAI for RCH project on adolescent girls in the year 2001.
- Member of the core team from india invited by the African Govt for ‘Maternity Mortality Reduction Project’, at Malawi in 2012.
Member of FOGSI Oncology Committee, Secretary of Association of Thane Gynaecologist (ATG), Executive Council Member Indian Menopause Society Mumbai Chapter, MOGS,IMA, AMC,TDMPA
Area of interest
- Obstetrics:3000 Normal deliveries, more than 1400 Caesareans , more than 1000- Vaccum/Forcep Delivery 500 painless delivery, over 50 hysterectomy, over 100 active PPH Management, active Eclampsia Management, over 100 Ectopic operation, OS Tightening, etc.
- Gynaecology:Over 800 abdominal/ Vaginal Hysterectomies, Fothergills, PurandhareSling, Cystectomy, Ophorectomy, Endometrioma removal,etc.
- Infertility:Over 500 cases success, Male/ Female infertility, Assisted Reproduction-IUI Procedures, etc.
- Laproscopy:Hysterectomy, LAVH, Adhesiolysis, Tubectomy, Hysteroscopy, cyst removal etc
- Family Planning: Over 3000MTP, Lap/Abdommal TL, Tubal Recanalisation
With more than 20 years of comprehensive skills and knowledge and dedicated service towards this spaeciality.
Trained about 100 Gynaecologist in science of colposcopy.
Awards and Recognitions
B N PURANDHARE Best Paper Award in MOGS
Papers And Publications
Article on CIN &CERVICALCANCER,TREATMENT OF CIN, IMPORTANT CASE DETECTION Qf CIN published in INNOVATION IN CANCER (Annual NEWS LETTERS)ONCOLOGY & TT COMMITTEE
Accredited Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) speaker, invited by IMA, MOGS, ATG to deliver lecture with MMC credit points.
Delivered lecture on Colposcopy & detection of Preclinical Invasive Cancer in IAGE Annual Conference arranged by AIIMS Delhi Aug 2014.
Faculty in Dr Usha Saraiya's Colposcopy & Cytology annual Courses
Has been invited as speaker & counsellor to Adolescent school girls, ladies, NGO's on RCH issues.
Has been very active in Media TV channels, News Papers sensitizing masses against Cancer in Women, HPV vaccination, HIV/AIDS etc.
Has been invited as Guest Lecturer in various organizations, BPO Companies, Corporate Offices.
Advisor to Govt. Authorities on issues like Family Planning, Adolscent Health Issues. Cancer Screening etc
- Conducted Survey on HIV & AIDS in Thane city. Presented the survey to TMC(THANE MUNCIPAL CORPORATION) IPDP Commission & Collector which was Published in Thane Plus Newspaper—1998
- Headed a Survey Project for Infant Mortality Rate at Thane Rural PHC on request of Mr Khuller—Collector of Thane—1999. A Presentation done on causes of IMR(Actual problems faced by rural people) and remedial actions for the same.
Paper Presentations & Poster Presentations at conferences Iike AGOICON, AICOG, AMOGS
Conference And Courses
- Course Conductor of FOGSI Basic and Advanced courses in cytology and COLPOSCOPYCourse Conductor of FOGSI Basic and Advanced courses in cytology and COLPOSCOPY.
- Conducted numerous CMES on colposcopy
- Attended various National & International Workshops, Conferences
- Symposium on Infertility, Gynecacology, Sexuality etc