Dr. Jayant Wagh
Laparoscopic, Diagnostic & Therapeuic Endoscopist and Bariatric Surgeon
- Elected as “Executive member of West Zone, India to IAGES- National Committee.
- Executive Member of “Blind Welfare Association of India”.
- Social- Zone Chair Person “Lions” Club International, Zone II, Reg-V, Dist- D.323 D2.
- Executive member- Blind Welfare Association of India.
- Now Rotarian.
In practice for more than 20 years as Laparoscopic, Diagnostic & Therapeuic Endoscopist and Bariatric Surgeon.
Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded the Dr. Arthur De Sa Travelling Fellowship of the association of Surgeons of India for the year 2006.
(This is awarded only to one surgeon in India every year who is selected on merit, a member in good standing of the Association of surgeons Of India below the age of 45 years and who is not working in a teaching institute. The candidate could be sent to any teaching centre of his choice which should be mutually agreed between himself and the institution for two weeks for updating his/her knowledge in the specific field of advanced Surgery.)
- Nashik Gaurav Puraskar at Yashwantrao Chavan Ptangan, Nashik- 2008.
- Dr. Vasantrao Gupte Memorial Award 2015 for Social Service.
Performed many of 1st Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries in North Maharashtra
- Bariatric Surgery: 1st one to perform Bariatric Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy) at a considerably low cost to make it feasible for people of Nashik in North Maharashtra at Bhagwati Institute of Gastroenterology Pvt. Ltd., Nashik.
- SILS: One of the first Indian Surgeons to start modified SILS- Single Incision Laparoscopy Surgery (Sub-Fascial Ports)- Invited at Jaipur, Chennai, Banglore, Jhansi- National Workshop for the same.
- In 2002/2003- Did the 1st Laparoscopic Urological Surgeries- Ureterolithotomy, Pyloplasty in North Maharashtra.
- In 2002 did the 1st Total Laparoscopic Hystectomy in North Maharashtra.
Honours of the year 2006:
- The 10th World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery hosted by the EAES and Incorporating the 14th International Congress of the European association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES) Sept 13th to 16th 2006, Berlin, Germany.
Topic to talk: ‘Audit in Minimal access Surgery in a non metro city in developing country’ under the IFSES Symposium ‘Essential Topics in Developmental Countries’, ECC Room. Chaired by Prof. M.Li. (Hongkong) and Prof. R. Bittner (Germany).’
Conference And Courses
Presentations and Conferences:
At State Level-
1. Nagpur (MASICON)- Feb 2003: Maharashtra State Conference of Association of Surgeon of India.
- Difficult Gall Bladder done Laparoscopicaally.
- Retrograde Appendicectomy Laparoscopic.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystostomy to reduce obstructive Jaundice before Whipple’s Surgery.
- Laparoscopic Incisional Hernia repair. Goretex mesh using prettied sutures, transfacial sutures and tackers.
2. Thane (MASICON)- Feb 2004:
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia a different TEP dissection.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy- difficult Anatomy.
- Laparoscopic Lt. Mid-Ureteric calculus removal.
3. Nanded (MASICON)- 2005:
- Chairperson on 6th Feb 2005 for the State Level Conference.
4. Amrawati (MASICON) – Feb 2006:
- Laparoscopic Rectopexy.
- Laparoscopic Hand- port assisted Lt. Kidney staghorn calculus removal.
- Chairperson on 5th Feb for a Lecture Session.
5. Latur (MASICON) – Feb 2007:
- Laparoscopy in Acute Cholecystitis.
- Laparoscopic Choledo-choduodenostomy.
- Laproscopic DU Perforation.
National Level Conference-
1. Hyderabad (ASICON- 2004) (Association of Surgeon of India Annual National Conference):
- 3 Video Presentations:
Malrotated Kidney Laparoscopic Pyelolithotomy.
Difficult Gall Bladder done Laparoscopically.
Incisional Hernia Repair by Laparoscopy.
2. As National Faculty (Guest Speaker):
The 7th National Congress of IAGES (Indian Association OF Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons), 9th to 12th Feb, 2006 at the NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bangalore.
Topic: ‘Surgical Audit of Laparoscopic Surgery from a Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery from a Advanced Laparoscopy Setup in a Non-Metro city’.
During the Guest-Lecture- showed 6 videos of the important surgical procedures that are done by him.
- Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Surgery.
- Laparoscopic Repair of Hernia.
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Prolapsed Rectum- Rectopexy.
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Obstructive Jaundice- Choledocho – Duodenostomy.
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty (Kidney Surgery).
- Laparoscopic Hand Port assisted removal of large Lt. Kidney Stone.
3. Invited as National Faculty:
At - 52nd International College of Surgeons Conference
(Indian Section) at Cidade- De, Goa, India, Oct 5th-8th 2006.
Topic of Lecture: ‘Complications of Laparoscopic Surgery’.
4. Invited to Chair the Session at the 2nd Tri-State Conference (Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa) held at Kolhapur on Nov 3rd to 5th 2006.
Topic: ‘Obstructive Jaundice, Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Treatment’.
5. 66th Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India (ASICON) 2006. Dec 25th to 30th, Varanasi, India.
Presented 3 Video Papers:
- Laparoscopic repair of DU perforation.
- Laparoscopic Surgery in Acute Cholecystitis- Empyema Gall Bladder.
- Laparoscopic Choledocho- Duodenostomy for Obstructive Jaundice.
- Awarded “The Arthur De’Sa Fellowship” at a Grand FAIS Function, 28th Dec Eve.
6. Invited as a faculty at Dr. Rakesh Sinha’s - ‘Just Haemostasis’- national Conference held in Sept- Oct 09 at BEAMS, Mumbai.
7. Invited as a faculty at MASICON, Sholapur in Feb 2010.
SYMPOSIUM topic- ‘RT- Not necessary after Bowel Surgery’.
8. Invited as a faculty at AMASICON, Jaipur in Apr-May 2010.
- Hepatic Resection by Dr. Ramesh Ardhanan.
- Hysterectomy by Dr. Rakesh Sinha.
Video presentation- ‘SILS’ Modification.
9. Organizing Secretary of “IAGES- Knotting and Surturing Workshop” of West Zone at Nashik, July 11-12, 2009.
Recently Invited as an Operating Faculty at Coonoor, Coimbatore for 6th National Congress of Hernia Society of India. Operated Incisional Hernia on 3D Camera.
10. Invited as an Observer to Doha, Qatar under the able guidance of Prof. Dr. Michel Gagner, the 1st in the world to introduce sleeve Gastrectomy (Obesity Surgery) in 1999 and Robotic surgery. Supposed to be one of the best Laparoscopic , Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeon in the world today.
11. May 2012- selected as National Faculty for Laparoscopy Training at Cemast (Centre of Excellence for Minimal Access Surgery Training) supposed by Karl Storz under the chairmanship of Prof. T.E. Udwadia.
- Invited as International Faculty:
1. 1st Inaugural International Conference of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India.
2. New Delhi (AMASICON- 2005) March 2005
Presented- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty for Congenital Lt. Pelvi- Uretic Junction obstruction.
3. 2nd International Conference of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India, Hyderabad- Feb 8th to 11th 2007.
- Laparoscopy in Empyema Gall Bladder.
- Laparoscopic DU Perforation Repair.
4. 53rd International College of Surgeons Conference, Agra- 27th Oct, 2007.
Lecture on: Laparoscopy Surgery in Acute Cholecystitis
(Sub-Total Cholecystectomy) (Experience of 150 cases)
|0AM - 0AM|