Dr. Sachin Wani
Select Hospital & Department to Book Appointment
SpecialityBowel Disease / Colonoscopy / Gastroenterologist / Gerd / Heartburn / Stomach Cancer / Ulcer / Upper Endoscopy / GI Onco Surgery / Laproscopy / Laparoscopic Appendectomy / Laparoscopic Gallblader Surgery for Gallstones / Thyroid Surgery
Thane – Specialty Hospital (Kapurbawdi) Thane – Women’s Hospital (Ghodbunder Road)
Dr. Sachin Wani
About Dr. Sachin WaniHe completed his MBBS from Rajiv Gandhi Medical College, MS from Govt. Medical College. He has done his DNB in GI Hepatobiliary surgery from National Board of Examination. He has underwent a training in Laparoscopic GI Once surgery at Tata Memorial Hospital in 2009. He has also done his training in Laparoscopic Hepatobiliary surgery & Laparoscopic Liver resection at NHS Hospital, South Hempton, UK in 2002.
Experience / Training / Workshops
• Participation in workshop of Advanced Laparoscopic surgery, Joy hosp, Nov 2008.
• Participation in Workshop of Asia Oceania Obesity conference, February 2009,
• Participation AMASICON 2009, May 2009, Mumbai.
• Participation in Criticon 2009, June 2009, Jaslok hospital, Mumbai.
• Poster Presentation, IHP8A India 2011.
Areas of Interest
• Complex Gastro intestinal, Hepato- Billary and Anorectal Surgery.
• Advance Laparoscopic Surgery
• Bariatric Surgery
• Liver Transplantation - 8 cases (LOLTAND DOLT), SICU care and postop lmmunosuppresion
• Laparoscopic HPB Surgery, Lap Liver Resection and Liver Transplant
DesignationConsultant - Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
EducationMBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - Gastroenterology
Awards and recognitions
- Awarded 2nd prize at Thane surgical society for presenting “stapled Trans anal Rectal resection in Obstructed Defecation Syndrome.
- Authored a chapter in text book of Clinical GI Surgery on obstructed Defecation Syndrome.
- Multiple publications in International & National Journals.
- Minimally Invasive approach to pancreatic necrosectomy. Journal of Laparoendoscopic and advanced surgical techniques. 2011; 21(2): 131-6.
- Laparoscopic management of small bowel obstruction caused by a Sigmoid Mesocolic hernia..1 Min Access Surg 2011; 7:236-8.
- Laparoscopic release of median arcuate ligament. J Min Access Surg 2012