Dr. Raghuprasad Varma – Spine Surgeon
Select Hospital & Department to Book Appointment
SpecialityOrthopaedics / Spine Care
Thane – Specialty Hospital (Kapurbawdi)
Dr. Raghuprasad Varma - Spine Surgeon
Consultant - Spine Surgeon
MBBS(BOM) , MS(ORTH) (BOM) , DNB(ORTH)
Years Of Experience
About Dr. Raghuprasad Varma – Spine Surgeon
- Dr. Raghuprasad Varma has done his basic medical education at the Grant Medical College , JJ group of Hospitals under the auspices of the University of Mumbai in 1994 , He pursued MS in Orthopaedics at the Bombay Hospital institute of medical Sciences ,Mumbai and passed out in 2001.
- He is also a Diplomate of National Board ,New Delhi in the Field of Orthopaedics. Herein his interest in Spine surgery enthused him to pursue it as a superspeciality since 2001.
- He worked as a spine fellow and later as an associate spine surgeon at the “ Spine Clinic ”at the Hinduja Hospital ,Mumbai under the guidance of Dr Shekhar Bhojraj , senior spine surgeon of repute.
- He has worked in multiple capacities in the Bombay Orthopaedic society, Bombay spine Society , Association of Spine Surgeons of India , AO Spine Asia Pacific , Kerala Orthopaedic society.
- He has been in the organizing team of multiple conferences in the speciality of spine in India.
- He is a Reviewer for the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery ,British and has multiple publications to his credit. He has authored chapters in multiple books in the sub speciality of Spine surgery.
- He is already consultant spine surgeon at reputed ,premier institutes in MUMBAI since 2006.
Awards and recognitionsFellowships :
- He has had multiple fellowships for advanced spine training at Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospital ( Oswestry ), University Hospital (Cardiff) ,and Stanmore in the UK and Advanced trauma centre ,Leipzig ,Germany.
- He also worked in the department of Spine in The NUH , Singapore.
- He was selected for the Global outreach fellowship for the Scoliosis Research Society meeting in Miami ,USA in 2005.
- He is trained in Minimally invasive spine surgery at the RUSH Medical centre , Chicago , USA under the auspices of Dr Richard Fessler , a pioneer in the field of Minimally invasive spine surgery.
- He is a delegate council member in the AO SPINE ASIA PACIFIC and faculty in multiple teaching programmes under the auspices of the AO spine.