Dr. Akshay Deshpande
Select Hospital & Department to Book Appointment
SpecialityCosmetology & Plastic Surgery
Thane – Specialty Hospital (Kapurbawdi) Thane – Women’s Hospital (Ghodbunder Road)
Dr. Akshay Deshpande - Cosmetic Surgeon
Consultant - Plastic & Reconstructive SUrgery
MBBS, MS-General Surgery, DNB Plastic Surgery, M.Ch PLastic Surgery
Years Of Experience
About Dr. Akshay Deshpande
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES - Indian Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery - Associate member No. AM/AK2
DISSERTATION (M.S.) - Role of Laparoscopy in Genitourinary Disorders
PUBLICATIONS (M.S.) – as Co-author
- Transverse Colon Volvulus with Chilaiditis Syndrome- Indian J Surg. 2010 Aug;72(4):347-9
- Vesicocutaneous Fistula caused by Giant Vesical Calculus- Indian J Surg. 2011 Apr;73(2):152-4
- Unilateral Ectopic Breast Tissue on Vulva in an Adult Female- Indian J Surg. 2012 Aug;74(4):340-1
RESEARCH PROJECT (M.Ch.)
- Significance of Precontouring of Reconstruction plate to reduce operative time and achieve better shape and symmetry in Mandible Reconstruction with Fibula flap.
- Modifications of Forehead flap in Nasal Reconstruction.
- Double free flaps for extensive Oromandibular defects.
- Donor neck vessel selection in Post irradiated neck for microvascular reconstruction.
PUBLICATIONS (M.Ch.) -Atlas of Operative Otorhinolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery Vol.2 as Co-Author
- Faciomaxillary Fractures
- Surgery for Alopecia
PAPER PRESENTATIONS (M.Ch.)
- Umbilical Reconstruction in case of Urachal sinus- Bimonthly Meet of Mumbai Plastic Surgeons held at Nair Hospital, Mumbai on 14th May 2011
- Lattisimus Dorsi Musculocutaneous Flap for Head and Neck Reconstruction- Bimonthly Meet of Mumbai Plastic Surgeons held at Nair Hospital, Mumbai on 14th May 2011
- Forehead Flap in Nasal Reconstruction : Limitations and Modification – 10th September 2011 at APSICON-2011 held at Coimbatore.
- Gracilis Muscle flap for closure of Urethrocutaneous Fistula (Poster)- 11th September 2011 at APSICON-2011 held at Coimbatore.
- Secondary Mandibular Reconstruction with Free Fibula Flap-14th January 2012 at ISRM-2012 held at Aurangabad.
- Maxillary Reconstruction with Free Fibula Flap-14th January 2012 at ISRM-2012 held at Aurangabad.
- Vascularised Ulnar Nerve Graft in Complete Brachial Plexus Injury: Technique- 30th September 2012 at 36th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Surgery of Hand, ISSHCON-2012(Best Paper Session)held at Amritsar.
Awards and recognitions
- Best Paper Award for “Umbilical Reconstruction in case of Urachal sinus”- Bimonthly Meet of Mumbai Plastic Surgeons held at Nair Hospital, Mumbai on 14th May 2011
- ORGANISING SECRETARY- Flap Dissection Course, Nair Hospital, Mumbai. 17-18 December 2011
- SECOND prize in Quiz held at ISRM 2012, Aurangabad on 15th January 2012
- Volunteer in Leprosy camp Held In Baroda In Jan 2011 and Feb 2012 and assisted as well as performed surgeries in patients with deformities following Leprosy.