Dr. Aparna Govil
Select Hospital & Department to Book Appointment
- Laparoscopic Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery:
- Endoscopic Intragastric Balloon Insertion
- Laparoscopic Roux en Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Mini Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Revision Bariatric Surgeries
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Single Incision Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery
- Laparoscopic Colo-Rectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- Weight loss by Diet 8, Lifestyle Modification - by expert dieticians in her team
Thane – Specialty Hospital (Kapurbawdi) Thane – Women’s Hospital (Ghodbunder Road)
Dr. Aparna Govil - Bariatric Surgeon
About Dr. Aparna GovilDr. Aparna Govil Bhasker is one of the most experienced surgeons in the field of bariatric and metabolic surgery in India. With more than 12 years of experience she has the expertise to cater to this high risk population of patients suffering from clinically severe obesity both during and after bariatric surgery.
She is one of the first surgeons in India to be accredit by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) as a Center for Excellence (COE) surgeon in 2011 She completed her post- graduation in General Surgery from Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sewagram India in 2006 after which she went on to do a fellowship in "Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric Surgery" in Mumbai With an experience of more than 10 years she has one of the largest experience in bariatric surgery and advanced laparoscopic surgery in the country today. She also has a keen interest in clinical research and in 2015, she completed an online 9 months diploma on "principles and practice of clinical research" from the Harvard Medical School, USA.
She is the Chairperson for the Position Statement Committee of the Asia Pacific Chapter of International Federation for Obesity and Metabolic Surgery (IFSO-APC) and a member of the 1E50 Communication Committee. She is an elected member of the executive committee of the Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India. She is an invited speaker at many national and international conferences. She has performed many live surgeries at conferences and training programs at national level
She has a special interest in single incision surgery. She performs both Bariatric as well as General laparoscopic Surgeries with great ease and finesse
She has a keen interest In research and academics and has published many papers in peer reviewed journals She is the co-author of a 'Silver Book on Sleeve Gastrectomy" which was published in 2016. She has also authored chapters in many text books of surgery. She man avid reader, blogger and an artist. She also runs a charitable foundation called Debabrata Auro Foundation in Mumbai.
EducationMBBS, MS (General Surgery)
Awards and recognitions
- Recipient of IFSO scholarship in Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 24-27, 2008.
- First Asian Female Surgeon to be awarded the designation of an International Center for Excellence for Bariatric Surgery in 2011.