Mouth Watering Recipes for this Diwali that every Pregnant Women must try out! – Dt. Shamika Desai
We have received many queries from pregnant mothers asking about the special dishes that they can eat during Diwali festival, without extra weight gain. As they want to enjoy this festive time with delicious dishes of good nutritional value.
Here are some mouth watering healthy recipes which are packed with iron, folic acid and calcium. So lets look at them and try in our kitchen too.
1) Baked Gulkand Karanji
- 100 gm Desiccated coconut (Dry)
- 1/4 tsp Seasame seeds ( White / Black Til) , 1/4 tsp poppy seeds , 1/2 tsp roasted groundnut powder ,2 tbsp Gulkand ,Nuts (25 Almonds Dry roasted and powdered), Dates Powder 50 gms ,Jaggery powder 25 gm
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder ,1 tsp Cardamon powder
- Wheat Flour 100 gms
- Rawa Thin 25 gms
- Ghee 2 tbsp ,Pinch of slat ,Rose water 1 tbsp + water for kneading
Method of Cooking:
- In a Pan dry roast Desiccated coconut till golden brown.
- Dry roast Seasame seeds, poppy seeds and ground nut and make a powder.
- Mix both coconut and seasame and poppy seeds powder together.
- Dry Roast almonds and powder it and mix to the desiccated coconut in a pan, add dates powder , jaggery, nutmeg powder, cardamom and gulkand to it.
- Now your stuffing (saran) is ready.
- Mix Wheat flour, rawa, rose water, salt by adding hot ghee in a bowl.
- Slowly add water. Knead to a tough dough. ( the one made for poori)
- Make small balls and role them to a poori size.
- Add stuffing in center.
- Fold it to half and using a karanji cutter cut it.
- In a pre heated Oven,at 180 degree, bake for 25 min.* 12 min each side till you get a nice light brown crispy cover.
- Decorate it with rose petals.
* Coconut is rich in magnesium which is needed for better health of baby and mothers.
* Nuts like almonds are rich source of Omega and protein,Seasum seeds are loaded in calcium.
* Dates and jaggery powder is rich in iron too.
Approx Calories : 150 Kacls per karanji Approx Proteins : 3 gms
2) Makhana Besan Ladoo :
As we all know pregnancy demands extra iron in diet. Makhanas are excellent source of iron and a ladoo combination of Besan and Makhana will give a prefect snacks for our pregnant mothers.
- 200 gm Besan Atta
- 100 gm Makhana Roasted and powdered
- 15 no almonds , 10 no Cashunuts and 25 no Resins
- 100 gm Jaggery powder
- 15 ml Milk
- Ghee 4 tbsp
Method of Cooking :
- Roast the Makhana and make a powder .
- Dry Roast all the nuts ( Cashu and almonds ) and make a powder.
- Roast the Besan atta till golden brown, add Makhana powder to it.
- Sprinkle hot milk to the roasted besan and roast it again till it drys. Switch off the gas.
- Add jaggery powder, Nuts powder and hot ghee and elichi powder.
- Role it to small balls, Put resins on each ladoo.
Approx Energy : 200 Kcals per ladoo Approx Protein : 12.5 gm
3) Palak Moong dal Chakli
- 1 cup Moong Dal Soaked for 1 hour
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Jowari flour
- Palak 250 gm Blanched and Puree
- Salt for taste , Ajwain 1 tsp, Til 1 tsp , Dhaniya Jeera Powder 1/2 tsp, Chilli powder 1 tsp, 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Oil For Kneading 25 gm
Method of Cooking :
- Pressure cook soaked Moong Dal for 2-3 whistle.
- Put it in the mixer to get a thick paste
- Add 1 Cups of Rice Flour, 1 cup Jowari Flour and Blanched Palak Puree.
- Add 5 tbsp Oil , hing, Til, Jeera , ajwain , Dhaniya jeera powder and make a dough.
- Roll in Chakli and bake at 180 degree for 30 min ( *Flip after 15 min and again bake for 15 min other side)
* Palak is rich Iron and Folic acid.
*Moong is good source of protein
*Jowari helps to improve immunity, adds for fiber, protein.
Approx Energy : 35 Kcals / chakli Approx Proteins : 1.2 gms
4) Oats Bomb:
- Oats 1 Cup
- 1/2 cup Almonds Roasted
- 1 cup Seedless Dates
- 1/2 cup Rajgira Lahi
- 1 tsp Coco powder
Method of Cooking :
- In a pan Dry roast Oats, almond and rajgira one by one.
- Powder all the dry roasted ingredients.
- Blend the seedless Dates. After blending dates it will be sticky, so it will help in binding.
- Mix all the ingredients together along with coco powder and roll in ball.
- Decorate with Choco chips or Chocolate sprinklers.
* Oats are gluten free and good source of fiber.
* Rajgira is rich in calcium.
* Dates are loaded with Iron.
* Almonds are rich in omega and protein.
Energy per Ladoo : 100 Kcals Protein 5 gms